It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
- Electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems)
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to work safely around and maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.