The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out diagnostic, testing and repair activities. This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
It contains two mandatory units EV2.2 and EV3.
EV2.2 covers all of the skills and knowledge from IMI Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicles Routine Maintenance Activities and EV3 covers skills in:
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- Using information to carry out the task
- Carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations
- As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills, and the ability to remove and replace Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.