The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out operational and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy electrical system.
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge and skills in:
- Heavy electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding heavy electric/hybrid vehicles
- Reducing the risks to yourself and others when working on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles
- Making a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle high energy system “safe” to work on
- Reinstating a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle high energy system